Friday, September 2, 2011

The Next Project

I've been collecting beer bottle caps for some time and have been trying to think of different projects I could do with them. Some got turned into refrigerator magnets, others (most) are awaiting their demise.

I have quite a few collected and quite a few given to me by friends (thanks for the inspiration, guys!) over the years. Some I haven't even seen yet.

So, what to do with them? Try some linocuts!

Here's the first one I'm attempting:




At this point, I'm thinking a two color reduction, 12.5" x 12.5". The first color is down and drying. The second color will be a silver of some sort.

So far, I have a line up of caps that I'm considering for this project. Perhaps a series, if you will . . . we'll see.

P.S. These are printed on a Neenah Paper Environment 80# Woodstock Smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment